Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 3 Detox

Today was probably the best day thus far.  I'm finally starting to feel a bit better.  Those first couple of days you just feel a bit weak without those extra carbs and proteins.  All in all it was a good day.  I was concerned about getting sick again after an intense workout so before boot camp today I did have a little bit of bread.  I'm hoping by this coming Monday that won't be necessary and I can deal without cheating a bit!  It was good I must admit, the bread I mean.  This is the part of the detox where all of your dreams consist of cheeseburgers, pizza, and meat in any form or fashion.  I don't really crave the sugar so much, the fruit helps with that, but the carbs and the meat I am certainly missing!  Only 7 more days and we can eat some fish and chicken!  We're rather pumped! 

I do have one new recipe and a new organic soup I found, I hope you enjoy!

Breakfast:
Protein Smoothie - same as usual
Total: 276 calories

Lunch:
Muir Glen Organic Tomato & Basil Soup - 1 can
1/2 cup of carrots
Total: 236 calories

Snack:
1 piece of bread
Total: 80 calories

Dinner:
Lemon Basil Pasta with Spinach
1 package of brown rice fettuccine
3 cups of fresh spinach
10-15 leaves of basil, torn in small pieces
Juice of 1 1/2 lemons
1 tsp of minced garlic, dried
2 Tbl of olive oil
1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese

Cook pasta with instructions on package.  Rinse with cold water.  Saute spinach with 1 tsp of olive oil and juice of 1/2 lemon. Add spinach, basil, garlic, and olive oil to pasta.  Then squeeze in remaining lemon juice.  Stir.  Then add Parmesan last.  Makes 5-6 servings. 3/4 cup per serving: 253 calories

Asparagus bakes with olive oil, salt, and pepper (see previous recipe)
1/2 bundle: 25 calories

1 Mango: 140 calories
Total: 418 calories

Exercise:
I thought briefly I was going to get out of exercising today.  We had professional development meetings today and were spread out around town.  At 4:30 when we normally start it was myself and the instructor with no one else in sight.  We decided to give them another 10 minutes and though a good portion didn't show, we had enough for a class.  We did some crazy stations today and my legs are killing me!  Lots of squats and lunges and a bit of killer abs.  Overall it was good and luckily I don't feel awful after this one!  It's so hard to figure out the calorie burn on this since we switch exercises frequently and do many exercises that are not in a system for calories.  Today was a bit lighter and I'm guessing based on some calculations closer to 327 calories burned.  I could easily be off by a 100 or more, but I'd rather estimate lower than higher!

No comments:

Post a Comment