Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Back on track

For any of you that started following this blog and have now stopped because of my inability to post, I sincerely apologize!  The end of school not only took all of my extra time, but also most of my motivation to keep up with diet and exercise!  Between work and grad school my life was filled with papers to grade, papers to write, projects to do, and wild kids to discipline!  I did stay on track with my food and didn't gain any weight.  I'm still down 7 pounds since spring break, but certainly have not lost the extra 5, 10, or 15 I was hoping to in time for my cruise!  Luckily though, the last two or three weeks even in spite of all the craziness I did start doing lunges, squats, and other at home exercises and then last week starting back running again.  I haven't lost any additional weight during this time, but have got my legs back into shorts shape and am working on the rest!

I am now less than a week from our sail date for the cruise and while my body isn't in the shape I was hoping it would be for the cruise, I have lost some pounds and inches to be proud of! My shorts that didn't fit two months ago, now fit again and can accompany me on my cruise!  I also have lots of very slimming and comfy maxi dresses, some great linen pants, and a cute little dress for one of the formal nights.  I grabbed a LBD I wore in high school and was hoping to fit back into it for the cruise and while along with the glorious invention of spanx I can get the dress on and zipped without too much effort, it's just a bit too tight for me to feel comfortable in.  So, we'll have to save that one as motivation for later!  I have two or three things I keep from high school just so that I can try them on occasionally as a reminder of where I need to stay weight and shape wise!  I have to keep reminding myself that the most important things is not the weight on the scale or the size I grabbed in the store, but that i am eating healthy foods and working out regularly so that I can be around for years to come and can feel good, inside and out!  Here's to the start of my summer journey, my new end site is that 10 year high school reunion that awaits me at the end of July.  I have two whole months, minus a two week cruise where I plan to eat whatever I want (within reason), to try and get back into my high school LBD!

Here are a couple of recipes from today, I did great for breakfast and supper and then splurged a bit at supper on my date!

Breakfast: Variation on my scrambled egg whites with bacon
1/4 cup of egg whites, 1/4 cup of skim milk, 6 pieces of turkey bacon, and 2 slices of onion diced and sauteed in turkey bacon drippings.
Cook turkey bacon in non stick skillet until crispy.  Remove and blot with paper towels.  Then saute onions in remaining drippings until translucent.  Add milk, egg whites, crumbled bacon, and pepper.  Scramble over low heat. 
I don't know exact calories because I didn't measure today, but this was about 220 calories.

Lunch: Salmon wrap
1 taco sized low carb whole wheat tortilla, 1/2 of a tuscan salmon hamburger patty (cooked), 2 thin slices of avacado, 1 tsp feta cheese crumbled.
Warm up salmon patty, them crumble and place in tortilla, add feta, and avacado and eat soft taco style.
Not sure on calories because I bought the salmon patties at United and they weren't marked, so this is just an estimate: 272 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment